These bitter cold evenings call for fleece, binge watching Netflix and some yummy hot chocolate. When I’m looking for something quick and easy I use the Swiss Miss packets; they are perfect for a quick cup of cocoa on cozy nights. If you want to add a little peppermint pizzazz to your hot chocolate and make your evening a little more festive, just follow these simple steps!
I love making hot chocolate on the stove, but you can feel free to microwave it directly in your mug!
For stovetop prep:
1. In a medium saucepan, measure out a cup of water using the mug you’ll be drinking from. Add a little splash more to account for some of the water boiling off.
2. Once the water starts bubbling, add the contents of your hot chocolate packet.
3. Stir the mixture, and make sure all of the powder dissolves in the water.
4. Measure out one shot of Peppermint Schnapps.
5. Remove the pan from the stove and add the Schnapps.
6. Stir and then pour into your mug.
7. Top with whipped cream and crumbled chocolate chips.